Professor & Lead Consultant – Architect, DSI-Infraplanners inc.
(Consultancy wing of the School of Architecture, DS College of Engineering, Bangalore)
Well known Consultant in the field of Green Buildings and Sustainable Technology
1. Date & place of Birth: 13.06.1957, Mangalore
2. Marital Status: Married ( 2 sons)
3. Languages known to read, write & speak fluently: Kannada, Hindi, English, German
1.Bachelor of Architecture : Bangalore University 1981 8th. Rank in the University
2. Master of Infrastructure Planning : University of Stuttgart, Germany 1987; On a scholarship awarded by the German Ministry of Science & Technology.
Specialisation : Induatrial & Infrastructure projects, Project Planning & Management
II . MEMBERSHIPS OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Associate of the Indian Institute of Architects
- Member of the Council of Architecture, New Delhi – A - 535/83/84
- Fellow of the ndian Institute of Valuers.
- Fellow of the Indian Institute of Interior designers – New Delhi
- Awarded Certificate of merit by the State of Baden Wuettemberg, Germany as the most promising Excecutive trainee from Developing Countries.
- Practising Licence as category “A” Architect from the Bahrain Committee of Engineers.
II. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
1981- 1985 : Started Career as Junior Architect & Int. designer with M/s Alur & Associates a reputed Architectural firm in Bangalore, and rose to the position of Associate Architect, in 1985. Resigned to pursue higher studies in Germany.
1985-87 : Pursued higher studies in Infrastructure Planning at the University of Stuttgart, Germany. During this period worked as Praktikant for small periods with various reputed firms like M/s Ed Zueblin AG, Prof. Dr. Bechert Ingeniuerbuero, Stuttgart & WeidlePlan Consulting , in Stuttgart.
1988-89 : M/s DAIMLER BENZ AG Stuttgart Germany : Worked in the In-housde buildings division as Junior Management associate and project Co-ordinator, Was responsible for the co-ordination and supervison of projects such as Showrooms, Office premises, workshops, etc of DB in Germany and other countries.
1990 – 93 : Asst. Professor in Architecture, Manipal Institute of Technology, Mani[pal.. Organised the International Conference on MUD ARCHITECTURE, Co-sponsored by HUDCO.
Started the Inhouse Consultancy wing at MIT.
1993- 97 : Assistant Professor in Architecture, RV College of Engineering Bangalore.
Was part of the team who initiated setting up the new department of Architecture at RVCE.
1997- 2008 : Resigned from full time Academics due to concentration on building up Architectural Consultancy. Continued to be a visiting faculty at the BMS Collge of Engineering, Bangalore.
Handled the subjects of Infrastructure Mangement and Project Appraisal for the Masters programme in Urban design. Since 2006.
Inducted into the Syllabus Committee of the BMS College of Engineering in 2009.
Since 2008 – todate: Professor of Architecture at the Dayananda Sagar Colleg of Engineering. Responsible for tie- up with the University of Stuttgart, Germany.
1997 – present : Free lance practice in Bangalore. Designed and supervised variety of Building projects mainly residential, commercial and institutional and Induatrial projects. Major projects designed are as follows:
- Design of “Gita Mandir” a religeous hall with inscription of the Bhagavad Gita at Udupi, for the Swamiji of Udupi math. Major attraction was the traditional style adopted and the POP false ceiling with traditional motives. – Cost of project : Rs. 90 lakhs Executed 1992
- Design of 800 capacity Auditorium at Udupi for Mr. Abdul Jallel including building, and interiors. – cost of project Rs. 120 lakhs completed : 1994
- Palatial Villa for Mr. AS Ramesh, Jeweller at Salem – responsible for the entire project including period style interiors. (1998)
- Halima Sabju Auditorium – An 800 capacity auditorium at Udupi (1999)
- Interior design of the first office premises and research centre for M/s Daimler Benz Research Centre at Bangalore - completed 1998.
- Office premises, factory and research centre for M/s Rangsons Group at Mysore.
- M/s Galaxy Builders, Bangalore: Planning of Apartment complex as a mini township on 18 acres of land near devanahalli. The mini township comprises of two & three bedroom apartments, recreation facilites, jogging track, etc. The project is yet to be executed.
- Factory buildings for M/s rangsons group at Mysore: Industrial Complex with two factory blocks, R&D centre, Administrative block. Etc. : Cost of project: Rs. 8.0 Crores. (1998)
- Factory Complex for M/s Bifpora Watches at Electronic City, Bangalore (2005)
- Factory building for M/s Weldkraft Technologies at Electronic City, Bangalore, (2006)
- Serviced Apartments for M/s Stanford Hospitality, (a Singapore based company) at Brookfields , Bangalore Approx. Cost : Rs. 2.0 crores(2006)
Besdies the above projects designed a wide variety of Villas and Bungalows in Bangalore .
2002 - Undertook design assignment in Bahrain for a German consultant. Designed tourist resort
Also being invited as visiting Faculty at various schools of Architecture and Interior design in and around Bangalore. The main theme of my guest lectures being “Industrial Architecture” and “Application of Vasthu principles in Architecture”.
in the island of Hmar in Bahrain. Awarded the Bahrain Instt. Of Engineers practicing licence.
For more details please log on to www.vaasthuarchitects.com